Monday, September 23, 2013

Lampedusa

Trip Advisor recently came out with a list of the top 25 beaches in the world. They named Rabbit Beach, Lampedusa #1. Since Lampedusa is an hour flight from Sicily, my friends and I decided we needed to go. Lampedusa is part of the Italian Pelagie Islands at the most southern part of Italy. It is actually closer to Tunisia than it is to Sicily...only 70 miles. Liz, Karina, and I flew out on Monday and returned back to Sicily on Wednesday. Our apartment was next to a small beach and around the corner from the main street, Via Roma. We spent our first night walking around Via Roma and souvenir shopping :) We ate dinner at a restaurant that had a live band. The singer, Raymond Wright, was from Jamaica and on tour in Europe. We enjoyed it so much we went back the next night.

Rabbit Beach (Isola dei Conigli in Italian) definitely lived up to the hype of #1 beach in the world. We took a small bus to the Isola dei Conigli stop where we hiked about 15 minutes down to the beach. The water was so bright blue from the view up top. By the time we got down there we were so excited to go snorkeling. I have been in a lot of clear water but this was one of the clearest. I saw so many cool fish and jellyfish. Rabbit Beach is also famous for it's sea turtles but I didn't get to see one :( If I have a chance again one day I will be back at Rabbit Beach!!!


our plane to Lampedusa
girls trip!
the view from our apartment


pistachio and fish pasta





the girls with Raymond Wright
what a lot of people drive in Lampedusa


bus to Rabbit Beach
walking down to Rabbit Beach

ta da!












jellyfish!






















1 comment:

  1. Hi!

    I absolutely love your photos from this post. I would like to use one for the homepage of the website I work for – hopper.com so please contact me tara@hopper.com for more information!

    Thanks for the consideration :)

    ReplyDelete